1. What years did you attend Waterford Kamhlaba? (What forms/year group?)
· I started at WK in 2008 for Form 4 through to IB2.
2. Please tell us what you have done or are doing at the moment? (e.g.. what you studied and what field you are currently working in)
· I studied Business Administration with a concentration in marketing with minors in Psychology, French and Environmental Science. Currently due to my client relations/customer service positions throughout college, I am working as a Client Service Representative for ENGIE Insight, an industry leading Energy and Sustainability Management organization in Spokane, Washington.
3. Could you tell us what inspired you to pursue your career path?
· Through various internships and part times jobs through college, I honed my customer service and account management skills. As a result, I have been able to combine my theoretical knowledge of business administration and management and practical experience to become a more well-rounded business professional.
4. Did Waterford in any way play a role in your career path choice?
· If yes: then what has that role been.
o The opportunities to interact with individuals of various cultures, beliefs and perspectives at WK helped me develop empathy and the ability to see the bigger picture and put myself in other’s shoes. As a result, this quality motivated me to enter he business field and bring new insight to the business organizations and communities I may be involved in. The business world has been known to be ruthless and lack empathy and thanks to the experiences WK provided me with, I have realized this and will strive to make a difference.
· Though this is repeated almost too often, it worth being reiterating that experience is key and who you know matters. Focus on investing in your future and do not rush. Do not chase financial gains early in your career as experience is what will get you where you need to be. Be inquisitive, thoughtful and do not be afraid to ask questions and go above and beyond.
6. Do you have any fond memories of Waterford? Could you possibly share one with us and could we also ask you to send us one or two pictures of your time at WK?
· Durban Geography trip
· Lesotho French trip
· Week long corridor “Olympics”
· 3 student French classes
· Thembi and Bame